Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thankful


I was out this morning taking advantage of the beautiful warm weather and getting a few much needed things done around the sheep shed. I started looking around me at all the old boards and buildings and the twice used and rusted T-post that I was driving in the ground and it got me to thinking.




 I recently watched a silly person on U-tube who made a comment about rednecks and using cattle panels instead fancy new fencing and gates. If you look around at our little sheepie adventure you will not see anything fancy. Instead you will see buildings that are nearly 100 years old, and lots of pallets being used for various purposes. Our place is not fancy or even really very pretty, but I am so grateful for it.




I am grateful for our life style, which we value more than pretty red barns and fancy new gates. I'm thankful for the opportunity through the years to have been at home and not out in the workplace where I'm sure I would have been miserable.



Don't get me wrong, I do dream of a pretty red barn that will someday set at the edge of our yard. It will have electricity and a water line running to it, with a lean to on one side where we will park our tractor (which I am gonna name Buford). There will be a center isle down at least part of it with lambing jugs off to one side, but in the mean time, I much prefer living a simple life full of dreams and being dedicated to building those dreams a little at a time as the Lord provides.



Besides I find beauty in the weathered boards and rusted fence post.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the old building on your farm and would not trade them for a big new red barn. I dream of a place like yours. The old building remind me of my grandma's place many many years ago. My uncle who got grandma old place is dead now and I suppose the place went to his children, but the house and barn and buildings have sat there empty and are now falling down. What a shame. Your place is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading over my comment, I can't believe all the s's I left off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Believe me, I appreciate a few type-o's. LOL

    ReplyDelete