Thursday, November 7, 2013

Making a List and Checking it Twice

I'm getting ready to attend Fiber Fling this weekend.  It will be the first time for me to attend an event like this, the first time for me to take fiber related classes, and the first time to make a trip like this without the hubby or at least some of our children.  This "almost empty nest" is awesome.  I'm looking forward to the festival and to spending time with my dear friend Steph.  So, I'm making a list and checking it twice.  I feel like I'm moving instead of just going for an overnighter. 


I will say that a good part of that is bedding.  We can stay in a cabin, providing our own bedding for only ten dollars.  I'm also taking fiber with me to help me resist purchasing more fiber at the festival.  We will see if it works.  


Here is an update on my Liza sweater.  There is about a thousand yards and twenty-three ounces finished.  I have about six more ounces that I hope to spin and ply this evening before bed.  My goal was to have it finished before I left.  I think I'm cutting it close.

No comments:

Post a Comment